Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to trade my 02 cbr954 forks, revalved/resprung by Dan Kyle USA for 190 pound rider last spring, for forks in stock form plus $250 shipped (obo). Have been used for approximately 500 street miles and 6 track days since. Forks are in perfect working condition, never been crashed, no leaks whatsoever. Very happy with the performance of the forks, but changing my bike back to stock form for later sale.

·
Registered
162 Posts
kc954 said:
I would like to trade my 02 cbr954 forks, revalved/resprung by Dan Kyle USA for 190 pound rider last spring, for forks in stock form plus $250 shipped (obo). Have been used for approximately 500 street miles and 6 track days since. Forks are in perfect working condition, never been crashed, no leaks whatsoever. Very happy with the performance of the forks, but changing my bike back to stock form for later sale.
Are the 954 and 929 forks the same? If so, I'm willing to deal...

PM me if interested...

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
mguzzipilot said:
Are the 954 and 929 forks the same? If so, I'm willing to deal...

PM me if interested...
Not exactly, but they are interchangeable.
The 954 has a different preload adjustment.

·
Registered
162 Posts
BDA116 said:
Not exactly, but they are interchangeable.
The 954 has a different preload adjustment.
Yeah, thats what I found on another thread...I must remember -> search forums first, ask questions second.

Thanks for the reply tho.

It sounds like the 929 ones are "nicer" in that they have preload marks...

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Preference, I guess.
I prefer not having the things sticking up. I count the rotations out from full anyway, so the lines are useless to me and an annoyance.
Just extra annoying weight to me. :twocents:

·
Registered
162 Posts
BDA116 said:
Preference, I guess.
I prefer not having the things sticking up. I count the rotations out from full anyway, so the lines are useless to me and an annoyance.
Just extra annoying weight to me. :twocents:
no, no, no...you must help me convince KC954 that the 929 ones are way cooler so he'll trade me. I heard that Brad Pitt broke up with Jennifer Aniston because she had 954 forks...

I know - that's why I put the quotes around "nicer", but again, don't let KC know that!

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Oh yeah, that's right.
Most people are dumb anyway and would prefer to look at lines to set their preload.

There must have been something like that going on for Pitt to leave Aniston, 'cause she's a hell of a lot better looking on her worst day than Angelina is on her best.

I doubt anyone would ever notice the forks having hard nipples unless it was pointed out. Everything else is the same.

·
Registered
162 Posts
BDA116 said:
Oh yeah, that's right.
Most people are dumb anyway and would prefer to look at lines to set their preload.

There must have been something like that going on for Pitt to leave Aniston, 'cause she's a hell of a lot better looking on her worst day than Angelina is on her best.

I doubt anyone would ever notice the forks having hard nipples unless it was pointed out. Everything else is the same.
Got the forks yesterday and they look to be in good shape - we'll see how the perform on the track soon.

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mguzzipilot said:
Got the forks yesterday and they look to be in good shape - we'll see how the perform on the track soon.

Thanks alot.
I got your forks and mounted them up, no complaints here. Did you want the retaining rings that were on your forks? I can mail them to you if you like. Thanks again

·
Registered
162 Posts
kc954 said:
I got your forks and mounted them up, no complaints here. Did you want the retaining rings that were on your forks? I can mail them to you if you like. Thanks again
Nope, no need for them here. Glad everything worked out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.