Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a home weight room.

Power Rack - Picked this up minus the lat pull down and leg curl/extentions. I did get a bench however.

Also bought 5-50 lb dumbells and a two tier rack. Just need to build a platform w/ mats for the floor and get some mirrors and I'll be pretty much all set. I got really good deals on my stuff. In all spent a grand or so for the power rack, 300 lbs of olympic weights and a bar, the bench and the dumbells and rack.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
ZX9RCAM : Why do you want 5 dumbells all the same weight?
He bought 5lb through 50lb dumbbells.

That's great. I want to do the same thing if I can. Gym memberships aren't bad but I'd rather have it all at home. If we decide to start a family, it would be much more convenient to workout in the basement than it would to have to drive to the gym.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ER : Quote (ZX9RCAM @ Aug. 12 2003, 4:45pm)Why do you want 5 dumbells all the same weight?
He bought 5lb through 50lb dumbbells.

That's great.  I want to do the same thing if I can.  Gym memberships aren't bad but I'd rather have it all at home.  If we decide to start a family, it would be much more convenient to workout in the basement than it would to have to drive to the gym.
exactly, and I have a puppy coming at the end of September and this will allow me to be home 2 hours earlier.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I picked up all my stuff the other day, and have it all put together.  I wound up taking the first bench back and buying a floor model for the same price that was not as high quality (good enough) and had leg extention/curl attachment for the same price.  

Here are some pics of my set up.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I have decided that I am going to sheetrock the corner seen in the first pic below. I have a question though. These are poured basement walls, and I don't know how to secure the framing at the floor or in between. I think I can just nail studs to the rafters at the top, but where else? Do I need to drill holes into the floor and use some type of lag bolt?

Thanks.

HD

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Boy am I jealous. I'd like to have a similar setup once we're in our house. I'd love to be able to lift weights in my own home rather than have to drive to a gym.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts