Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
"
There has to be something put in place to grab people's attention and to make a statement that this is a serious thing," said Sullivan, whose union represents approximately 8,000 workers at the larger Rouge complex. "It's up to us to stand up and do what is right and to drive a vehicle from the company you work for."
Wrong! It's up to Ford to offer a product line that people want to buy. Or to offer your employees an attractive enough purchase program.

Dumb idea. Just what they need now, more tension with their factory grunts and the UAW.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
It'll fly. Many of the Big Three auto plants have had segregated parking for U.S. and import vehicles for a long time. I'm always glad I'm driving a GM when I see some supplier walking to his Toyota parked a half mile away, especially when it's freezing or raining.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Baketech said:
That will backfire... :twocents:
:nod:

They're gonna get sued, and they lost face.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
The Honda plant in Alliston, ON has almost 100% hondas in the parking lot.. but AFAIK their employee purchase program makes it attractive enough that they'd be stupid not to drive Honda.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
luvtolean said:
:nod:

They're gonna get sued, and they lost face.
Unlikely. The plants are considered private property. Most employees interviewed on the local news supported the decision.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
thats a class action lawsuit waiting to happen! Just wait til someone gets laid off and they drive a toyota to work... BOOOYAAAA! They'll get owned!

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
it'd be different if they GAVE fords to everyone and you didn't drive it to work. They can't tell you where to spend your cash!
No, but they can tell you where to park it. It's their property. The GM plant in my city is the same way. There are signs clearly posted at every entrance. "Foreign car parking in back of lot"

·
Registered
70 Posts
ND4SPD said:
No, but they can tell you where to park it. It's their property. The GM plant in my city is the same way. There are signs clearly posted at every entrance. "Foreign car parking in back of lot"
:clap: :clap:

hey zoltan -- this is a little off topic ,but what is up with the david hasselhoff pic ?every time i am on the org ,and my wife see's that pic ,she calls us all fags . how bout a chic naked with some animals ?:boobs:

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
ND4SPD said:
So I guess in the same light, since its their property, they can tell black people where to have lunch, or indians where to use the toilet?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
phobiaphobe said:
The Honda plant in Alliston, ON has almost 100% hondas in the parking lot.. but AFAIK their employee purchase program makes it attractive enough that they'd be stupid not to drive Honda.
and lets face it, there aren't many hondas that have ever been junk. Besides the F series trucks, I can't think of much with a blue oval that can compete with their euro or asian competition...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts