Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 CBR 600RR

So the story starts with me trying to Replace my airfilter. everythings going fine. get into the air box and here is where my mistake was made. i put rags into the Throttle bodies to keep from dropping screws into my engine.(Because i am a clutz and i know it.) long story short it started raining and i left the rags in(This i found out later after cursing my luck). put airbox back together and started it up......Ran for about 20 seconds and cut off. no unusual noise. no backfires. pull it all apart find the rags remove them and try again thinking my problems were solved. it still wont start.

Attempted Solutions(Failed)

Reset computer by unplugging the battery.
putting old filter back in.
letting the bike sit for a day.
Replaced Spark plugs (that had oil on the threads.not sure if thats all that weird)

Has anyone ever done this. i am running out of options :idunno:

I would appreciate it immensly

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the most likely explanation is that some bits of rag have been sucked in.

I've no idea how to approach finding out and fixing this on a non-carbed bike though. Might be time to haul it to the local shop, admit what you did, hand over a credit card and bend over. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I PUT THE ROLLOVER SENSOR ON UPSIDE DOWN DYING LAUGHING LOL it took me two months to figure it out......major facepalm thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts