Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When re-installing the forks, how do I know if they're back to the stock height (I forgot to measure and take pictures before removing them)? Do I insert them all the way until they stop?

With the rear, I figure I'll measure the distance between the eyelets on the stock shock and set the new Ohlins ride height to the same distance?

Any tips?

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ER!  Don't know how I missed this.    You're a wealth of info!    Maybe this link (and the shock install link) should be added to the KB?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Not a problem at all...I had plenty of help from HondaGal and a few other members when I did my suspension. If I had a camera I would have taken pictures while doing it and then Conq could have archived it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
when I took off the 954 forks there are clip that stop it in the triple. I guess thats the stock height. I did remove the clips to raise the forks in the triple though.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
HondaGalToo : The top of the fork tube (not the cap) should be flush with the top triple clamp.
Well now that depends. If you want some additional ground clearance or have added rear ride height, you may want to flush the top of the caps (or even take them into the clamps a mil or two). This will give a bit more trail and help the stability.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts