Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to help changes a friend fork oil and was wondering what wieght and brand to use. This is a street bike only, no track days or anything, just commuting. Bike in question is a 95 900rr

Also any one know what chain came on this bike? My guess would be a 530.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I just finished rebuilding forks in my 95 900rr. I used the regular Honda fork oil. The factory specification calls for 10 Weight and each one should take 19 fluid ounces(you may want to double check this). And yes, the bike came with a 530 chain on it.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Wait a min. I thought it was a Total of 19 ozs on the forks. that would be 9.5 oz each fork??? i'll have to look into this because i just did this to my bike. I'll call about it. :hmm:

Archer

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
convert to a 520 setup, I've heard it gives you quicker acceleration as its a lighter setup than the 530. and anytime you make stuff lighter it goes faster and yoru gas mileage goes up.

a little side question here not to be a threadjacker but in countries where you don't use miles do you call it gas kilometerage or something?

·
Registered
78 Posts
yes 19 oz total roughly dont measure the volume measure the distance from top of fork to top of oil, fork compressed.

Ernie

·
Banned
28 Posts
my cheap *** manual doesnt tell me much besides the level from the rim. But thats an aftermarket book, I ordered the actual book for my bike. more detail. But I got it figured, Thanks Paul.

Archer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts