Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of the device that sits under your triple tree that doesnt allow your suspension to compress when you strap your bike down for towing?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it doesnt compress the bike tends to move around...there were no wheel chocks on the trailer. The device I am talking about actually makes the bike act like it is fully compressed. I think it rests against the triple tree and...the tire maybe?? I dont recall...I just remember reading about it a while back.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, wheel chock is needed unless you can put the front wheel against a wall, but I don't really trust that. I haven't heard about what you're referring to, but I think some people have towed with a Baxley chock. Someone (RedRider maybe?) had some other way of tying down that also didn't involve compression...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Same thing,never seen them for roadbikes,but dirtbikes for sure.
In OZ we call them a fork seal saver,saves having to pull your bike down too far compressing the forks.
There is also a rear wheel tie down which goes over the tyre only and leaves the front to only require to be tied down around the rim and trailer,cant remember where from will post when i find.:)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I've seen a combination of a Baxley style chock and the tire hold downs work well in place of the traditional way to strap down a bike with the suspension compressed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts