Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to change to my 1.0kg springs today. I don't have the paperwork Dan sent to me originally. I'm looking for the length to cut the factory preloads spacers too. Anyone know what the length should be?

Thankx...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think on his wesite it states that 42mm need to be cut off the stock spacers. but to be sure I would place a call in to the man himself. good luck!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mearsure the old spring and the new spring. Cut the spacer the amount of the difference.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
If they are racetech, go on their website and see what the correct preload should be. You then measure the depth of the fork from the spring seat to the top at full extension. Then measure from the lip of the cap with the preload adjuster backed all the way off, to as far as it extends downward and the length of the spacer. That is the legnth that a spring would be at zero preload. Measure the spring legnth, it will be shorter. The difference is the preload, it will probably be more than you need. Now you know how much you need to cut the spacer to get the desired preload. If you end up cutting the spacer and the part that you tossed had a hole in it you need to drill a new hole for oil/air to escape.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankx for the input here guys. Got the whole deal torn down and new springs put in and ready to go. Bike feels 100% better with the change.

Thankx all for the help. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts