Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a sc33 motor for my 900rr 1997 CBR the guys screen name is charlie he's an older guy from Illinois I have talked with him twice on phone I really need a motor for my blade I was wonderi. If anyone has done business with him or know someone who has. He has a 900rr motor rebuilt to stock specs he wants 900.00 I pay 150 shipping send him my motor and he sends. Me back rebuilt ? Any opinons

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
$900 for a rebuilt engine sounds good, I see used ones for that all the time. Does he have a business or his he just doing it out of his garage on the side? What recourse will you have if somethings (transmission) is not right? The last engine I bought was from a M/C salvage yard 1hr from my house, I got a 30 day return policy. Went home and installed it that weekend and had no problems. I'm paranoid about buying things like engines on the internet from guys I've never met. I always surf the net for a spare engine for my 954, but not sure I would buy one that I couldn't drive to and pick up. But then again I'm paranoid of most mechanics, even the one's with brick and morter shops I can walk into and talk with. Just my opinion.:idunno:
BTW, is that Everett, Washington?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I found a sc33 motor for my 900rr 1997 CBR the guys screen name is charlie he's an older guy from Illinois I have talked with him twice on phone I really need a motor for my blade I was wonderi. If anyone has done business with him or know someone who has. He has a 900rr motor rebuilt to stock specs he wants 900.00 I pay 150 shipping send him my motor and he sends. Me back rebuilt ? Any opinons

Seems strange that he won't ship an engine COD?
And stranger still that you have to send your engine first.
And $900 is very cheap for a "rebuilt" engine.
Does he list the parts that are replaced and/or reconditioned?
Does he guarantee the engine?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I called and.spoke with charlie before. Was honda factory race tech for years and kawi too i believe.
He wants your motor first to use side covers make sure have a crank for core head etc etc..
Itll be like 1180 bucks by time you pay shipping bothways

but seem legit been doing it for long time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes he has a 30 day guaranteed with lest if all he replaces he's site show tons and tons of other engines and its a ligetimit shop not a out of garage shop. I was thinking of just going this way instead of having nine rebuilt here I can't seem to find a engine builder in the Seattle an hell even Oregon I live 2 miles north of Seattle I would love to keep I local any ideas

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
He seems to be very good at what he does. Or else he cant be in business anymore. He been in chicago for long time now.
If i had to do over again. Id still prob build my own motor. It was fun.
But woulda been.nice just to plug and play :) but couldnt afford 1100+ right then.

If i had the cash i woulda just for the simplicity of it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts