Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple fram oil filters, but I don't know if they fit my bike, P/N: PH6017A. Anyone know if these'll fit?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Fram oil filters suck. I could give a dissertation on them, but to make a long story short, don't use them. If you are looking for an alternative to the OEM unit, look up the Purolator part # or perhaps give the Amsoil filter a try, it's higher grade than OEM.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a FRAM/PUROLATOR cross reference chart some where?

Anyone happen to know the Purolator part #?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Stay away from the Fram filters. They were banned from AMA, CCS, WERA and GLRRA due to their propensity for backing off and oiling the rear wheel and everything else.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Tank69 : Is there a FRAM/PUROLATOR cross reference chart some where?  

Anyone happen to know the Purolator part #?
I believe it's ML16817. Use the Purolator cross reference to the Honda OEM part number, it's a straight match. Pep Boys sells them for around 6 bucks a throw.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Check Ron ayers for filters. Paid 7 something for the stock filter. Although the shipping gets you. Buy a lot and split the cost with ridders in the area. Just a thought.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Tank,
I use the Purolator and Amsoil filters. You know, I only live 2 miles away and I do have a cell phone. Lots of Kittens

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Pick the FRAM filter that has Honda on the outside. Leave the other ones in the trash bin you where you found them.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Tank69 : Anyone want a couple fram filters...cheap?  
I dunno about your walmart, but I have 2 near me that will accept back items 'i bought from them for store credit' without receipt.

...and there is always something you need @ walmart, dont tell me there isnt

·
Registered
18 Posts
The AutoZone near me sells South African made STP filters pretty reasonably. Any thoughts/experience on those?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts