Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, heeellllp ! lol

I have just bidded on some frame protectors for a CBR900RR-P but for my 900 RR-S 1995 Blade.

Can someone tell me if the CBR900RR-P is the exact same frame as my CBR900RR-S ?

Are -P and -S the same frame and does anyone know if these protectors will fit ?

Many thanks.

Matt

·
Registered
692 Posts
CBR_900_RR said:
Guys, heeellllp ! lol

I have just bidded on some frame protectors for a CBR900RR-P but for my 900 RR-S 1995 Blade.

Can someone tell me if the CBR900RR-P is the exact same frame as my CBR900RR-S ?

Are -P and -S the same frame and does anyone know if these protectors will fit ?

Many thanks.

Matt
Not sure if the US guys/galls are into the "P" and "S" for telling what year the bike was bought. I think you UK'ers are the only ones to use that system, and you might get some answers if you post years instead of "letters" :idunno: I don't know enough about early Blades to answer your question.. Sorry!

:)

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Well, I can tell you that the LP Carbon Works part number is the same for 93-99 bikes.
Other than that, :idunno:

·
Registered
117 Posts
if it is the same year than it shouldn't matter. I am 99% sure all the 900RR series had the same frame design (concerning this frame slider application, atleast) that I know of in the USA, and doubt the UK is any differnet. All USA frame sliders for sale all say 93-99 (or what ever the years were for 900RR's). Either way you will still have to cut holes in your plastics. :(

Goose

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Goose, I'm fairly certain that he is referring to the carbon fiber covers that adhere to the frame spars, as they have a different term entirely for frame sliders.
Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes BDA116, there all refered to as Carbon Fiber Frame Protectors, and all Blades in the UK are referred to as CBR 900 RR Fireblade, until 99 I believe where the model drastically changed (updated).

I have found a co. locally who sells carbon fiber sheets, gonna try and cover my frame in it (after the polished bit) and see what effect I can get :D

I found this : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35570&item=7900689618

Looks good doesnt it, will let you know how I get on with me free sample.

Cheers :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts