Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have rub marks on my frame of my 03 954 from where the air inlet cover things were. what can i do to fix this? should i get it welded and sand it off myself? and if i get it welded should i do it with the bike all together or just take in the frame?

i plan to strip the frame off and polish it this winter anyway, so maybe i can get this done at the same time. i just dont want mr insurance guy to total my bike cause of some silly little scratch.

what u guys think?

·
Registered
26 Posts
First off why would your insurance total out your bike without an accident and 2nd why would they over normal wear marks. Have you had your fairings off all together? I have several spots where the padding on the back of the fairings has rubbed on my frame, while not scratches so to speak they are notable wear into black coating of my frame...

If your plan is to polish the whole frame and to do it right does require some sanding of the cast sections, I would not sweat a thing and just take care of them that way. Here is a good tort to follow... I substituted Vodka in place of the VO while doing my MX frame :rotfl: MOTORCYCLE POLISHING 101 CLASS IS IN SESSION! - Plating Powder Coating Buffing Anodizing - Caswell Inc. Metal Finishing Forum

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have already polished my VFR frame and that tutorial would get me totally smashed haha

i dont know if they would pull that kind of heinous act, but it wouldnt make me very happy.

my bike is a past stunter, and i want to make it nice again. she is currently naked.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess i should say that i was NOT the person who stunted this bike. i rescued her from an untimely death.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 954 also has a small scratch from the air intake cover. but you can't see it unless you take the cover off, so it is not that big a deal. If I were to polish the frame, it would probably be unnoticable. What the hell are you talking about when you say welding it? That makes it sound as if you got some deep gash or somethin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts