Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1998 900 w/ a salvage title. i have a 1994 frame w/ a clear title everything looks the same except the tank mount which is no problem, is there any other differences and is it even possible?

·
Registered
258 Posts
legal? yes !

its just like doing a motorswap in a car,

now if the milage on the 94 frame is much less than on the other and he was to sell it and not inform the potential buyer that there was a motor swap from a different year model bike then that would be illegal.

now you can do the motor into that clean frame if it will bolt up and I imagine you in a state that won't allow you to register a salvage titled bike? then I would say go for it and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
737 Posts
The registration of the bike goes by the frame, not the motor.

You legally can take all the 98 parts and swap them onto the 94 frame (and your bike will for all intensive purposes, be a 94).

But you cannot legally swap the compliance/serial numbers off the 94 frame onto the 98 and then re-register it as a clean 98.

BTW, the frames are not the same. The top triangle (under the tank) is shorter on the 98 than the 94, so if you use the 94 frame, you will also need a 94 subframe and rear shock.

Cheers,
Sime

1 - 4 of 4 Posts