Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
So I am out in the Phoenix area and am about to be toasted by the sun again. This bike (954rr) moreso than other bikes I have owned is extremely hot to ride after some time due to the frame getting so crazy blazing hot. My Sprint ST 1050 was similar until all of the fairings came off. Anyway, I found a place that makes carbon fiber frame covers, but they are in Russia and are not shipping to the USA. I have wrapped the headers with fiberglass hoping it will reduce the speed of my legs going full bbq. Anyone have any alternative ideas to cover the frame or other methods to reduce temps, other than wear leather? I have never made carbon/glass molds before so I am sure if I tried it would look like shit, being my first. I am a little tight on funds right now to be throwing away moneys on science projects. Ideas?

Thank you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe you know how to make such a thing? Maybe I could pay you? Maybe you got some from Russia while the gettins were good? Maybe you are IN Russia and are willing to smuggle them for me? Maybe you know a guy? Maybe...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got red marks :( I think the fairings really trap a lot of heat for these bikes. May not be bad in most situations but. After an hour ride the other day my bike frame was hot to touch hours later. It was in the 90s that day. Will be the 110s soon... Hopefully the fiberglass wrap helps a decent amount. I also found the radiator touching the headers in one spot which probably was not optimal for coolant Temps lol. Now it's sitting on fiberglass at least. Need to make a bracket to keep it off. I believe they are arrow and not stock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope you find a solution. You just reminded me of an issue I need to solve.
My current solution is wearing a pair of jean shorts underneath my jeans lol. Once a pair of jean shorts + a sweat wicking short underneath the jeans. I was thinking about getting some chaps and cutting them above the knee and wearing them underneath my pants actually haha. Hey its working.

But yeah I would give my left pinky toe for some carbon fiber frame covers. If anyone in the world has been able to get a pair from the seller on ebay in Russia and would like to sell them, yes I would like to speak to you! Seller claims they are made for 929 originally but with minor modification work for 954.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did ya check ebay yo?

yep. those are what I am talking about... they ship from russia and will not ship to the usa.

Shipping:
Does not ship to United States | See detailsfor shipping
Located in: Геленджик, Russian Federation

There is a website out there that at first seem like a different company but also are RUS and cannot ship to USA.

Until I find a way to get a set of these or I learn to make my own, wearing jean shorts underneath jean pants is working just fine and I am sure something leather based would work even better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts