Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks

after some advice here, I was trying not to do a complete frame restoration but this amount of frame rash may make me - this was how I purchased the bike. My question is how does this get repaired on a frame, thinking no matter how it is repaired I may need to look at Powder Coating the frame white but not sure.

Has anyone fixed this in the past and if so how?

Shrek

Attachments

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,336 Posts
You should be able to sand most of that out, save for the really deep gouges. Even a good going over with some light sanding will make a world of difference. Then buy some Mothers Mag polish and a polishing cone or ball and make it bright again. If it stands out too much from the rest of the frame, a going over with 2000-3000 grit wet should blend it in, then polish away again. Did a few frames in my day, it won’t be perfect, but will be substantially better than it is now.

There was a hole here you could stick your thumb in where the plate and lug are mounted for the damper. It was installed primarily to mask the giant hole. The plate and surrounding area still polished out great.

9FBA6BB7-C44C-4D86-85B6-82B522EAD6AC.jpeg

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,336 Posts
thanks Ian - will investigate this more (slow is pro I guess in this case). As always you provide awesome information!!!!
I try brotha, chillin this weekend in Bristol, NH at Newfound Lake with my water CBR lol. Stop up :grin

I did Unslow1’s 954 frame 2 winters ago, had to mask off a lot because the bike was still mainly together. You might want to think of that too as it gets messy. :thumb:

032FA8C5-5601-4271-A9BF-2BB0AF3D49BD.jpeg

39A6745D-15A5-4218-ACBF-AB72606511E6.jpeg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts