Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here and I am planning to buy a 2008 CBR600RR in the next week. I was wondering what frame sliders are the best for protecting the engine and plastic on this bike. I don't care if it sticks out I just want to protect the bike.
Are crash bars nessisary?:patriot:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Depends on the rider.I prefer them i been down and they saved my plastics.I just recently bought a new set which are 5 inches long compared to standard 2 1/2 ones.But these have caps on the ends so if it lays over u replace the cap not the whole slider.and the caps come in black or white and the sliders are in a chrome finish found them on ebay bout 30 bucks.But if u dont already have them on your bike have to check where they mount and cut a hole in your plastic.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah i put the longer ones on mine.Really like them esp being able to change the caps if u lay it down not the whole slider.paid bout 30 plus 5 for shipping for mine.and they are chrome with black caps or u can get white caps also

·
Registered
73 Posts
Woodcraft from Sportbike track gear. They arfe great and have instructional videos for aloot of stuff they sell. I put them on the 09 1000rr and love them. The cut ones are by far the strongest way to go. they actually replace the motor mount bolt and are as tough as can be. Allot of guys dont like cutting their body work but no big deal really. its only plastic and they look good. Woodcraft are solid and dont grind down as fast as the long hollow ones

·
Registered
180 Posts
Motovation has a great selection of frame sliders, bar-end sliders, fork sliders, and rear axle sliders (among other stuff).

LINK HERE

A friend of mine went down on the road and slid quite a ways. Her 600RR sustained no damage to the plastics; just a bit of rash to the bar-end, and of course the sliders needed replacing.

FYI - the link goes to their page for Honda sliders. Motovation Accessories has stuff for pasta-rockets, Japanese bikes, German bikes, and even Harleys :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.