Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 cbr 600 f4i and I am thinking about getting frame sliders.
How much would it be,
what kind should I get,
and most important, especially on this particular bike,
where do I put them at?
Are they very hard to put on?
Do they go on the frame of the bike or what, dont know?

·
Registered
96 Posts
firemanron...
i had the same bike and put on Lockhart Phillips sliders. You do have to take the farings off and drill the holes with a hole saw. they are mounted to the motor mounts. it actually was not that difficult to do. when i did it i got the holes dead on. you have to do each side separately so there is still a motor mount in place. what i did was, when i had the faring off i put some sculpey clay on the inside of the faring around the location of where the hole was going to be and then i put the bolt in place temporarily without the slider on it and then i pushed the faring in place and by doing that the bolt head made an indentation in the clay. having the indentation, i then drilled a small hole, dead center of the bolt indentation. an important thing to do is to put some masking tape on the front side of the faring where the hole is going to be made so that there will not be any chipping when the hole saw makes the hole. so now all you have to do is to drill the hole with the hole saw and that is easy because of the small pilot hole that you made earlier. drill the hole going through on the front side of the faring. like i said, i had my holes dead on but i am pretty accurate when doing things like this. do not forget to tighten the sliders down once the bolt is in place, using the appropriate torque setting. hope this helps out.

·
Registered
96 Posts
firemanron...
if you give me your email address i will be happy to email you photos of my bike showing where they go.
take care...
magicman

·
Banned
543 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts