Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get some frame sliders for my 929. I was reading some users here post that the plastic ones are fine and won't damage the frame itself, which is a concern of mine. Apparently the metal ones can cause damage to the frame. Does anyone know a place that has these cheap. I would like a black set I seen them on eBay for 30 bucks plus shipping but was skeptical of the purchase. I can't believe they would charge as much as they do for a bolt and some plastic.

What brand do you recommend.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Red Rider said:
Intuitive work very well...crash tested them myself. If you do a serach, or look at the bottom of this page, you'll find lots of previous discussions on sliders.
But with the new non-rules searches are no longer needed just start threads or jack one

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Red Rider said:
Intuitive work very well...crash tested them myself. If you do a serach, or look at the bottom of this page, you'll find lots of previous discussions on sliders.
also what I have on my 929. wondered about how they'd work as they seem a little short but there's the answer. they look awesome though.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I'd go with the Intuitive as well. That's what I have on mine and they protect the frame well and in a fall over, they saved all the plastics too :idunno:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
There's a lot of cheap sliders made out of all sorts of materials available. Just beware that not all of them function the same. Some can cause more damage than they prevent. And be careful when installing them...you can puncture the engine if the wrong bolt is used. YMMV...

S

·
0 Posts
Red Rider said:
Intuitive work very well...crash tested them myself. If you do a search, or look at the bottom of this page, you'll find lots of previous discussions on sliders.
+1 :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
723 Posts
sheepofblue said:
But with the new non-rules searches are no longer needed just start threads or jack one
The nice thing about NEW threads is that they allow new insight into the thread.

Much like if a new thread on steering dampers were started; new people could add their opinions to the discussion. Example: I didn't see too much info on the Harris or Arrow damper on past damper threads. Though I did note the few people who gave props to the Toby damper (even though the majority of the people have a Hyperpro/Scotts/Ohlins).

Don't be so damned frigid.

back on topic
... My plastic frame sliders took the abuse they were designed to take - no damage to my frame but the damaged slider is a little lose and I plan on replacing it with whatever DELRIN (Acetal) slider strikes my fancy.

Anyone try to X-tra long sliders? (by "try" I mean crash w/ them) I have a fear that they'd break instead of wear down.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
tikki50 said:
I wanted to get some frame sliders for my 929. I was reading some users here post that the plastic ones are fine and won't damage the frame itself, which is a concern of mine. Apparently the metal ones can cause damage to the frame. Does anyone know a place that has these cheap. I would like a black set I seen them on eBay for 30 bucks plus shipping but was skeptical of the purchase. I can't believe they would charge as much as they do for a bolt and some plastic.

What brand do you recommend.
http://fireblades.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30865&page=2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts