Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Since you gave them your money, maybe now they will be able to put more money into that toilet they sponsor, Alltel Stadium in Jacksonville. What a piece of crap place that is.

Sorry for the threadjack...... Continue your regularly scheduled programming.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
:rant: I dont want to hear it, I bought outta my Sprint contract twice and jumped over to nextel. I couldnt believe how great having nextel was.....and then Sprint decides to make my life miserable by finding out which provider I am with going to the extremes and buying them out (merge my :censored:)

I :censored: hate Sprint PC :censored: S :rant:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Still like my RAZR.

Oh, and btw, thank you. :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Be careful with Alltel's billing. My brother and his fiance are muddling through billing issues where their package plan has not been billed as package, rather as two separate plans. It took them three months to actually talk to someone in billing that could help them and they are still trying to get it straight.

It's a mess so just make sure that your bill is correct!

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We got 2 lines, with 1000 shared minutes, and unlimited nights and weekends (starting at 7pm) for $75/month. Plus $5/month for the 300 text/picture message package on hers, $20/month for unlimited data/text/picture package on mine, and insurance on both which is about $15/month.

It will be about $115 before taxes/fees, so it should be easy to see if they try to overcharge.

Also, through a deal with my employer, we got the phones for the 2 year contract price, with only having to sign a 1 year contract.

·
Registered
700 Posts
That sounds like the exact same package my brother has. It's been really odd - billing was fine for the first few months and then, somehow, they started billing as two separate packages without unlimited nights, weekends, etc.

It's taken a while to get Alltel to post credits to their account to correct the billing errors. They are getting close, but they move at a snail's pace.

·
Registered
700 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Well, if that were to occur, they will correct it before they get a payment from me. ;)
Good plan - but my brother uses his cell as his only phone (no land-line home phone). When he refused to pay until they straightened things out, they cut off his service without explaining why the bills were sky-high. He couldn't talk to anybody in billing that had authority to do anything for months. When he finally did, he wisely got the name and direct extension and things have finally begun to work themselves out. This has been going on since this summer, though. His best friend works in sales for Alltel and couldn't jump the internal department walls to help.

Not trying to bash Alltel, just letting you know what I've seen and to help you be aware of potential issues.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I would have parked myself in front of the local Alltel rep at the store before things got that bad, and made sure it got straightened out right then. Your brother sounds like the passive type? Not me. ;) If they didn't get it straight by the following billing, everyone at Alltel would be hearing about it from me. (In case you haven't noticed, I can be a real :asshat: when I want to be.)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
FuckADamnAlltel.... They suck :booty: . Wait till they fuck up your bill and you have to threaten peopel to get it fixed. Then when you think life is going good your phones stop working. You call and ask what the hell is going on.. They say the phones are off due to lack of paying your bill for months and you have been sent to collections. Even after you provide copies of the cancelled checks from the bank that you paid every bill on time and they cashed every check you still spend months of them telling you they will take it out of collections but the asshole at the collection agency never gets that call so he keeps calling you. Finally when you hit the edge and pin the manager of the local office up against his car and tell him he better fix your shit or they'll not only get sued but he's gonna receive a severe beating they magically find the time the next day to call the collecitons people and let them know. We won't go in to how long it took to actually get it taken off my credit report. When I was buying my house 2 years later I got asked why it still showed on my credit that I owed them money...

Hmm, what a wordy rant.. guess you can tell I don't like those fukkers. Ok, gotta go figure out WTF is wrong with my truck now and see how much more unexpected money I gotta come up with by the end of this week.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why would you let it go on for months and months and even get to the point of getting sent to collections?

I don't care who the company is, if they screw up billing, I'm on them like white on rice until it's fixed. There's no way I would let it go on for that long. :idunno:

·
Registered
700 Posts
ConqSoft said:
I think I would have parked myself in front of the local Alltel rep at the store before things got that bad, and made sure it got straightened out right then. Your brother sounds like the passive type? Not me. ;) If they didn't get it straight by the following billing, everyone at Alltel would be hearing about it from me. (In case you haven't noticed, I can be a real :asshat: when I want to be.)
"passive" is not a word I would use to describe my brother :D or his fiance, for that matter.

It started out slow and snowballed from there. He tried the proper channels, then the inside channels and nothing worked. This was an individual incident and they obviously don't treat every customer like that or they wouldn't have been in business this long.

Like I said, I'm not bashing them - I've never dealt with them directly. Just sharing my vicarious experience.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Why would you let it go on for months and months and even get to the point of getting sent to collections?

I don't care who the company is, if they screw up billing, I'm on them like white on rice until it's fixed. There's no way I would let it go on for that long. :idunno:
I didn't let it go on for months. my shit got shut off one day and when i called them that evening they said i had missed months worth of payments and my account was put into collections. i spent the next day getting the proof straight from my bank to prove i paid them and they cashed the checks and that day i started getting calls from collections. my phones got turned back on the next day but it took forever to get the idiots to get their accounting office to finally tell the collections idiots that I didn't owe them anything and I didn't realize it was on my credit till I put in for the loan on my house 2 years later...

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I had a similar (sort of) situation with the assholes at Verizon. I had them shut down one my lines, and the next thing I knew neither phone worked. I called them right back up and let them have it, and they "fixed" the problem with the one phone. A few days later I recieved a "new connection" packet in the mail with a letter welcoming me to my new two year contract. I called them that second to straighten it out, but they didn't seem to want to help. I escalated it to as many managers as they would let me, but none of them cared at all that it was their problem and said there was nothing they could do once they connected a line it had a contract.
Rather than dealing with them one more minute, I had an attorney give them a call. Funny thing, the first manager he spoke with was able to cancel the contract on the spot and restore my account to it's long term status.
That status changed about a week later when I switched carriers.
A bunch of dropouts fukking around with my money and credit status isn't something I take lightly.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Getsome said:
I didn't let it go on for months. my shit got shut off one day and when i called them that evening they said i had missed months worth of payments and my account was put into collections. i spent the next day getting the proof straight from my bank to prove i paid them and they cashed the checks and that day i started getting calls from collections. my phones got turned back on the next day but it took forever to get the idiots to get their accounting office to finally tell the collections idiots that I didn't owe them anything and I didn't realize it was on my credit till I put in for the loan on my house 2 years later...
So after months of them THINKING they hadn't gotten a payment from you, you never got any kind of notice in the mail, or any calls from them trying to collecting the money that they thought you owed? Plus, wouldn't the bills you received each month keep incrementing in amount if they thought they never got paid?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts