Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a friction sound(not quite a grinding sound) coming from the left side of my bike while in motion. it sounds like its coming from the front sprocket area. i'm not quite sure where it is exactly coming from because it's hard to determine while in motion. anyone point me in the right direction? thanx in advance.:)

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
If it does it while coasting with the engine off in neutral, best to get the back wheel up and give it a spin. Should not be too difficult to locate. You may have to remove the front sprocket cover.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
i have a friction sound(not quite a grinding sound) coming from the left side of my bike while in motion. it sounds like its coming from the front sprocket area. i'm not quite sure where it is exactly coming from because it's hard to determine while in motion. anyone point me in the right direction? thanx in advance.:)
Chain too tight, misaligned or badly worn maybe?
Brake drag?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the chain is well lubricated...it was definitely overtight and will need to be replaced soon...i figure when i replace the chain in a few weeks i will also do the sprockets as the ones that are on the bike seem stock 16t in the front...which will bring up my next question....what is a good working config as far as the sprockets go....i heard -1 in the front +1 in the rear....?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts