Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend is buying an 07 r6 this weekend and im gonna ride it home for him.. its about a 40 min ride on the highway... i went with him to look at the bike and its very clean.. not a single scratch with 11,000 miles on it.. i no this isnt a yamaha forum or anything and i dont feel like signing up to one of them just for this question... i think i know the basics since i have bought a bike, just to make sure that everything feels right but is their any tips or tricks you use when dealing with a new bike that you think i may not know? thx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check tire pressure and fluid levels before you go, also all the little adjustments (brake, clutch, etc.). Get ready for you back to hurt as those things are a meat grinder on 2 wheels.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
ast03: Congrats on your buddy's new bike, and very nice of you to get it home for him.

Konich: Meat grinder? Please could you explain? Rode pillion on an R1 and though 1st impression was far from good, now that I'm used to it it's kinda fun.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Check to make sure the VIN and Engine numbers match - better be safe than sorry.

Look for tell tale signs of the bike being laid down and parts replaced... Is there gasket sealant around the side covers of the engine? Have the pegs/levers/mirrors been changed?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx for all of the info guys.. it helps a lot to be reminded about some of this stuff....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it took a bit but he finally got his r6.. its sweet, extremely clean, not a single scratch anywhere its staying in my garage for a bit :D its his first bike and he went riding all day today, i would have gone with but mines out of commission for a bit.. got some pics for ya

1 - 7 of 7 Posts