Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine got into a serious accident on his bike yesterday. T-boned a car that ran a stop sign at approximately 80-90 mph. Broke his pelvis and three vertebrae in his neck. He is still unconscious as well, no one is sure if he is going to be completely paralyzed or not. Lets all wish him and his family the best.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
This sh!t has been happening entirely too often in the last few days

Sorry to hear, and I hope that your friend makes it out as best as circumstances allow, and gets hold of a good lawyer...

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
80-90 mph?! I can't believe your friend is still alive! I sincerely wish him the best, and hope that he somehow recovers from this hideous accident. I also sincerely hope that the cager gets his due, although these types usually get a slap on the wrist. I think it's time for fireblades.org to organize a 'hit' squad. Uh, just kidding Conq - don't ban me just yet.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I hope your friend fully recovers. My thoughts and well wishes are with him.

Rick

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
2OHOH2954 : This sh!t has been happening entirely too often in the last few days  

Sorry to hear, and I hope that your friend makes it out as best as circumstances allow, and gets hold of a good lawyer...
I was thinking the same thing.

I'm sorry about your friend man. I really hope he makes it out ok.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Wow, that's horrible news. I cannot believe he's still alive. I'll put my hands together for your friend. Hopefully he'll make it.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I wish your friend the best on his road to recovery. I agree that this has been happening a lot lately and as a result I myself have 'toned' down on my riding. I have always been a very defensive rider but in the past few weeks I have been VERY alert to my surroundings and I hope everyone else is too. Again best wishes to your friend.

Dano

·
Registered
803 Posts
Edit: if the car was doing 80-90, then disregard my message, and just hang the guy.. Otherwise..

Good luck to your friend. I do have to question though where he would be legally doing 80-90 near any type of intersection. While the cage driver might have some responsibility in this by running a stop sign, the mc rider will be held partially responsible for his equal disregard for rules of the road. Hate to hear about something like this, but you do have to wonder would this have been avoideable had he been doing something closer to the posted speed limit? I know everyone complains about speed limits, but they are there for a reason. I'll stop ranting about that now. I will say, that the fact he is still alive is amazing. I can't imagine hitting a solid object at those speeds..
Fig

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The speed limit is actually 70mph, yes he was speeding, but only by about 10-20mph, and, at those speeds, on a bike is not entirely insipid. However lately, I for sure have been super cautious around vehicles, I try to avoid traffic as much as possible.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Wow.. I am almost shocked that they would even allow 70 in a stretch with intersections. That really sucks. I know freeway riding at those speeds is bad enough, and technically everyone is supposed to be going the same direction, not perpendicular. It must have been horrific no matter what..
Keep us posted,
Fig

1 - 16 of 16 Posts