Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to give this a shout as it as claimed many of my friends.

YOUR KICKSTAND WILL SINK IN ASPHALT

thats right, if you leave your bike out in the hot sun while your working (or whatever) you kickstand it apt to sink into the asphalt causing you bike to fall over!

Hope this saves some money and some tears!

·
Registered
193 Posts
showmethebombs : I like to give this a shout as it as claimed many of my friends.

YOUR KICKSTAND WILL SINK IN ASPHALT

thats right, if you leave your bike out in the hot sun while your working (or whatever) you kickstand it apt to sink into the asphalt causing you bike to fall over!

Hope this saves some money and some tears!
that's why i keep a block of aluminum in the trunk

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I keep a 'cookie' in my tank bag and one velcro'd under the rear seat cowl, just in case I don't take my tankbag with me. It has come in handy several times.

Good reminder SMTB!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Or you could be like Booth and have your gay man child love slave watch the bike all day. It's his alarm and kick stand plate all in one.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Cliff : Or you could be like Booth and have your gay man child love slave watch the bike all day.  It's his alarm and kick stand plate all in one.
LOL, I started using your fiance a while back for that

Seriously, use a smashed coke can.

·
Registered
435 Posts
booth23 : Quote (Cliff @ June 17 2003, 3:01pm)Or you could be like Booth and have your gay man child love slave watch the bike all day.  It's his alarm and kick stand plate all in one.
LOL, I started using your fiance a while back for that

Seriously, use a smashed coke can.
Well then you owe me some MONEY!!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have used cans too...I find the best thing to be a pint size paint can lid! chrome too...looks kewl!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Amen to that, brutha

Just this Sunday a friend of mine had the stand on his RC sink completely into the pavement. It was in so deep, that the bike was anchored, and pretty hard to stand back up

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
2OHOH2954 : Amen to that, brutha

Just this Sunday a friend of mine had the stand on his RC sink completely into the pavement. It was in so deep, that the bike was anchored, and pretty hard to stand back up
Oh boy. Here come the 'RC's are fat pigs' jokes.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
with the rear ride height increase on my bike, on the sidestand, I bet there isn't 30lbs on the rear tire. All the weight is on the front wheel and the sidestand...

Yes, it sinks... Very easily in fact.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Worst feeling in the world... '95 RR, sitting in a restaurant looking out the window in the direction of my bike but not directly at it. Bike starts to sink... I notice and get up to run outside. Before I could get there the bike was on it's side. I had, of course, locked my helmet to the bike so it had pushed it's way into my left side tail cowl plastic breaking it. The mirror was wasted this in turn bending my faring stay. Turn signals on the left side were deeply scratched. Stator cover badly scratched.   I have gone down in diesel fuel at 40 mph and not done that much damage.

Sooo... Yes... Lets be careful out there!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I've had a few close calls but the only one that went right over was when my parents moved my GS500 behind the house while I was away. It rained... the bike sank in the soft mud. *sigh* They didn't find it until the next day. AND, they didn't tell me until I was like, 'What the hell is this mud doing on my bike??' *grrr*

·
Registered
364 Posts
The 4' diameter cover plate for an electrical junction box will function very effectively as a base for your kickstand.  Available at your local hardware store for less than $2.00.  Yes, more expensive than a crushed Coke can, but not nearly as ugly.  Also, will fit in a pocket, or under your seat, quite easily. About time I broke mine out. Getting hot out there, people.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The temperature is 105 degrees here today.......so definitely 'sink into the asphalt' weather. Good advice to carry some sort of weight distribution device for the side stand!!!

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have a green piece of heavy plastic called the cycle foot (its shaped like a foot) which was given to me by my first insurance company. LOL I guess they didn't want to pay a claim for a sunken kickstand. I carry it in my trunk

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I just slip a couple of coasters that come with the beers under the stand and it keeps everything upright (at least until I start riding again).

1 - 20 of 46 Posts