Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to buy some new front brake discs for my fireblade 2005 ,where is the best place to buy from and what brand , wondering whether to get original Hondas or some cheaper versions ?:

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Some people are happy with buying the cheapies off of eBay. I would suggest doing a search on the forum as it has been discussed.

As for where to buy OE parts, that depends on where you live. Where it is cheap for me may not be cheap for you depending on shipping charges.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Just know that the OEM size for your RR5 is 310mm which is compatible with the RR4. I'm going thru a fiasco because I decided to fit Arashi rotors and discovered the style I want, the seller was unable to get in the size I need.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Just know that the OEM size for your RR5 is 310mm which is compatible with the RR4. I'm going thru a fiasco because I decided to fit Arashi rotors and discovered the style I want, the seller was unable to get in the size I need.
310mm, 320mm and 330mm can be used on 04-07 forks and brakes... Just use right size spacers....

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Getting and swapping said spacers then becomes the game. No thanks for me. In the case of the OP, maybe. The OP will save 1.2lbs on the change.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Getting and swapping said spacers then becomes the game. No thanks for me. In the case of the OP, maybe. The OP will save 1.2lbs on the change.
Your forks have 5mm spacers between forks and brake calipers. Put there by Honda when it was put together at factory. Take them of and you can use 310mm discs. Get similar 10mm spacers and you can use 929-954 330mm discs...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts