Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have checked the front rotors and they're slightly warped.  Which kind of rotors should I replace them with?  Stockers that worked great but may have a really good chance of warping again or the Wave rotors?  There about the same price and the wave rotors are not supposed to warp as easily.  Or is there a better solution.  What to go with........

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Wow, That's the first set of warped front rotors on a 929 that I've heard of. Ferodo has super light full floating rotors for about $650.00 for the pair. Stockers cost about $450.00 each.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'll second Nedro's suggestion. The Ferodos are cast iron, so you will get a better bite from them (from what I've heard). And they should be less likely to warp.

·
Registered
257 Posts
2001 929rr : I have checked the front rotors and they're slightly warped.  Which kind of rotors should I replace them with?  Stockers that worked great but may have a really good chance of warping again or the Wave rotors?  There about the same price and the wave rotors are not supposed to warp as easily.  Or is there a better solution.  What to go with........
I have a set of new Ferodo Superlite Full Floating Rotors for $525.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you finding the brakes for the 929. I only see listings for the 900. Or will they work on the 929 also?

·
Registered
257 Posts
2001 929rr : Where are you finding the brakes for the 929.  I only see listings for the 900.  Or will they work on the 929 also?
Yeah I know. They told once that they are having a problem with their web-site. I guess neve got around fixing it. For what it's worth, they are not the same as 900, they are the same as 954.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've got a set of stock rotors with about 1500 miles on them that I'll let go for $200. I bought them as potential replacements for the race season, but started racing an SV instead of my 954. If you're interested, send me a PM or email.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
nedro : Wow, That's the first set of warped front rotors on a 929 that I've heard of. Ferodo has super light full floating rotors for about $650.00 for the pair. Stockers cost about $450.00 each.
It happend to me too I replaced them with Braking wave rotors. From Brakingusa.comMy

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's weird I have the Galfer Green compund brake pads all the way around so I desided last night to just change the back for the stock pads. I changed them out and this morning on my way to work I bearly felt any kind of jerk or anything out of the ordinary. Maybe those pads was crystallized or something. I may just try and buy new pads for it and see if everything is ok with it. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is the tolerence that the brakes can be out by. I checked mine and one was out by 6 thousands and the other by 10 thousands. Does any one know?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I just got very lucky. I was talking with a parts guy at my local Honda shop about my rotors and he asked me 'didn't you buy the extended warranty' and I said yeah. He told me that the rotors would be under warranty. Sure enough today I took my bike to the shop to have my rotors replaced for Free. The service guy told me that they shouldn't of warped and the extended warranty would infact cover the damaged parts. COOL. So for all you people with the extended warranty; the next time something happens check with your honda dealer because it just might be covered.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I don't exactly know on motorcycles, but on car rotors it's .010' warp and .0005' out of parallel. Those are pretty standard in the industry.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I went through several sets of front rotors on my 929. I used stock and aftermarket pads and with the exception of one track day , all miles were street. I now have Braking Wave rotors and run their pads. No problems since then.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts