Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 CBR900RR, and I'm looking for a new front break oil cup and mounting bracket. I've found the OEM one online, but I've seen quite a few "universal fit" versions that seem somewhat smaller. Will these smaller cups work just as well?

Here is a link to the part: 45511-KV3-016 CUP, OIL $17.52

I only need the cup, possibly the tubes, and the bracket. Any suggestions?

Also, I've seen this model on Amazon, and it matches my bike a bit better, will it fit?

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Universal-Cylinder-Reservoir-CBR900RR/dp/B00NNLP9Z4

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I have a 99 CBR900RR, and I'm looking for a new front break oil cup and mounting bracket. I've found the OEM one online, but I've seen quite a few "universal fit" versions that seem somewhat smaller. Will these smaller cups work just as well?

Here is a link to the part: 45511-KV3-016 CUP, OIL $17.52

I only need the cup, possibly the tubes, and the bracket. Any suggestions?

Also, I've seen this model on Amazon, and it matches my bike a bit better, will it fit?

Amazon.com: Black Motorcycle Racing Parts CNC Universal Front Master Cylinder Tank Cup Brake Oil Fluid Reservoir For 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 Honda CBR900RR: Automotive

As long as it has enough volume for twin four-pistons calipers it should be fine.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I bought one of those, it looked nice enough.
But it only held half the volume, the ID of the nipple at the bottom of the reservoir was notably smaller, and the tubing they provided allowed the brake fluid to sweat out when hot.
I changed it out for a new OEM unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts