Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi the front disc bolts on my front wheel seem to have rods blocking the hole where the allen key goes, cant seem to figure out how to remove them any advice please thanks

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
welcome to the forum chaney! and may as well get this outta the way and kinda kill two birds with one stone, post some pictures of your bike! we love the pictures and it will answer my first question concerning your post.

what kinda bike is it n what year are we talking? if your out taking pics may as well test out that macro mode on your camera n get a nice shot of what you are talking about while your at it.

just curious are you just tryingto change the pads or something else the matter?

p.s. if you upload the pics to say a photobucket account(free) then just click the bottom link on the right of the pic you want to post then past it into your post on here itll put the picture up for all to see.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
hi the front disc bolts on my front wheel seem to have rods blocking the hole where the allen key goes, cant seem to figure out how to remove them any advice please thanks

Sounds like somebody has put tamper proof bolts in there.
I would drift them loose with a punch but you can try drilling a hole in the end of an allen key to remove them, and then put proper bolts in. If you can't drill it then you should be able to buy tamper proof allen keys with the hole. Are you sure they're not Torx rather than allen?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
You can get tamper proof torx sets (all types, and mixed), from Halfords/B&Q/Screwfix etc etc
Just to add, for those in the U.S. who encounter this problem, Harbor Freight can hook you up cheap.
Had to buy a set to get an X-Box controller apart that my wife and kid conspired to spill cough syrup on/in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi thanks for replys i started drilling on out and it was magnetic so i placed a hammer above one and it popped out sticking to the hammer then you can get to allen bolt never seen them before. also just to answer what bike i have its just the front end i have on my trike thanks

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
thats interesting. ive never heard of bolts like that either? well glad you figured it out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts