Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just changed my tires and adjusted my chain and now my bike some times feel like the front tire or forks wobble side to side just a hair, also i get tank slap situations when i accelerate hard. i was on freeway today going about 70 and throttled it and my bars started slaping pretty good with dampner at 7. is this maybe a suspension prob or is it the tire braking in any help much apprieciated im supposed to go on a ride tonight thanks

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
This may be totally wrong but, make sure your front axle spacers are installed correctly and not bound at an angle.

·
Registered
246 Posts
mr belvedere said:
i just changed my tires and adjusted my chain and now my bike some times feel like the front tire or forks wobble side to side just a hair, also i get tank slap situations when i accelerate hard. i was on freeway today going about 70 and throttled it and my bars started slaping pretty good with dampner at 7. is this maybe a suspension prob or is it the tire braking in any help much apprieciated im supposed to go on a ride tonight thanks
Tires properly balanced?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Please don't be offended.......Did you use a torque wrench and follow the factory service manual guidelines :idunno:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gblade said:
Please don't be offended.......Did you use a torque wrench and follow the factory service manual guidelines :idunno:
well guys thanks for the suggestions but it turns out my friends thought it would be funny to adjust my suspension for me so when the new rubber went on it would ride funny

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would be fukn angry that shits unsafe, not that I am a freak about safety but had the headshake caused an accident who would have paid ? :shocked: :thumbd: :thumbd:

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
mr belvedere said:
well guys thanks for the suggestions but it turns out my friends thought it would be funny to adjust my suspension for me so when the new rubber went on it would ride funny

I wouldn't think that was funny at all, I don't like anyone playing with my bike

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
mr belvedere said:
:eek:

Maybe it's time to reconsider who you ride with. This little joke of theirs could've easily cost you your life, and if that's not a reason to drop them like a bad habit, I don't know what is. Maybe next time it'll be "Hey, watch this, I'm gonna loosen his oil drain plug, tee hee hee."

Depending on the amount of miles you put on the bike with the "funny" setup, you might want your "friends" to get you a new front tire. I'm sure they'll think that's "funny" too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts