Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for you guys/gals. I am about to buy some pit bull stands for my bike. Now the question is do I get the forklift front stand or the one that hooks into the bottom of the steering tree? I do not plan on doing major mods myself to the bike this is primarily for cleaning and winter storage. I was thinking that the forklift was better because it keeps ths suspension loaded as if the bike were on the ground. Or is it better to have it unloaded while in winter storage?

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Just remember that if you get the stem stand, and you have stock brake lines, you'll have to disconnect the bracket that holds them to the triple-clamp to use it.

That being said, I'd still get the stem stand. Price difference isn't that much, and it will afford you the opportunity to remove your forks at some later date if needed.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Another vote for the stem front stand. It gives you more DIY maintenance options.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
You guys are on Puppy Chow! I'd get and have the fork lift w/ converter. best of both worlds and worlds better than the stem stand.
Example:
With the stem stand you have to lift the weight of the enire front end with your arms.
With the forklift and converter, you push down on the handle which uses leverage to lift it, not muscle.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
nedro : You guys are on Puppy Chow! I'd get and have the fork lift w/ converter. best of both worlds and worlds better than the stem stand.
Example:
With the stem stand you have to lift the weight of the enire front end with your arms.
With the forklift and converter, you push down on the handle which uses leverage to lift it, not muscle.
Don't know about you but with the New front stand I just push down on the handle which uses leverage to lift the bike.... takes about as much effort as the rear which isn't much....I was thinking about getting the rear stand with the stem lift converter to have another rear stand for the 2nd bike....but decided against spending the extra $60...

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
What if I like puppy chow?

The question, as I understood it, was which front stand to get, stem lift type or bottom of fork type.

All I suggested was the stem lift type. The style of stem lift stand was not mentioned.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I was refering to the standard front but even with the newfront model, you can't lift it at the fork bottoms. Forklift w/ converter is still my first choice. Why limit yourself considering your dropping a bunch of cash anyway?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts