Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im looking for a front stand for my 954
I did some searching on this site. It looks like most of you like the pitbull stand.

Because I live in the Netharlands (Europe) I'll have to order one online. I found out that the shipping costs will be 3 times the value of the stand.

So I found one in the UK that locates under the fork legs,
(see pic)

HARRIS NEW GENERATION UNIVERSAL STAINLESS STEEL ROAD FRONT SWING PLATE PADDOCK STAND, LOCATES UNDER EACH FORK LEG
For front wheel removal and cleaning.

What do you prefer under the fork legs or with a pin located in the yoke stem?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Both!

Not trying to be funny, but the under the fork type is great for changing tires or working on the brakes, while the pin type is required if you need to change something on the forks (or remove them). The pin type is a bit more complicated to use, but invaluable if you need to remove the front end.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok,

So if i want to sort out the sag CAn i olso do this with the "fork type"?

Just took a closer look at the bike, and found out that the wire from the control LED (Spy ball Alarm) is located in the hole where the pin type would go.

So I probably can't use the pin type stand because it wil crush the wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
puggy said:
Ok,

So if i want to sort out the sag CAn i olso do this with the "fork type"?

Just took a closer look at the bike, and found out that the wire from the control LED (Spy ball Alarm) is located in the hole where the pin type would go.

So I probably can't use the pin type stand because it wil crush the wire.
to set sag you would want to use a pin-type stand so that the forks can extend fully with no weight on them.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I have never used any type of stand for setting the sag. OK, I suppose that 2 people lifting the front end for full extension could be done with a stand instead, but why? You need them to hold the bike and measure with you aboard, so using a stand won't replace the "hired help".

·
Registered
720 Posts
Damn Puggy!

I wish you would have posted this earlier. I just had some friends return to the Netherlands just before Thanksgiving. They are out of the Rotterdam area. They could have just taken a stand back too you.

Rick

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
You can get a Pitbull that lifts from under the forks and their adapter that converts that stand to an under the triple clamp stand. Best of both worlds!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
puggy said:
I would re-route that wire...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
figment said:
I would re-route that wire...
I'v been thinking about it but i'm not sure where to put the LED.
Also I don't want to do too much fidling witrh it because I don't want trouble with the alarm.

I would never have bought the alarm, but the insurance company wanted me too. The alarm unit is installed in the space under the "passenger seat" so that means less space to use for other things.

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
I should be in the Netherlands, the first week of September. I could bring one over when I go, if you don't mind waiting a year! Heh heh heh :p :p :p :p

Rick

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
OEPS!!

Turns out the stand mentioned above can be delivered with extra adapter kit so it can be used as the "pin" type front stand.

So if a take this one I don't have to wait a whole year before K9inAZ brings in the Pitbull. !?

:D :D

·
Registered
929 Posts
Reroute LED light back to location of control module (under seat). Visual cues are not needed for the alarm to function. ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok,

Now i have a quote for both stands, still in doubt.
I think they are both expensive enough.

Pit Bull front stand -> $140 +$60 for shipping
(zinc plated steel)

Harris front stand incl. shipping is 110 Pounds
(stainless Steel)

Pitbull $200,- = Euro 168,-
Harris 110 Pound = Euro 160,-

Because the Dollar is low compared to the Euro there is no price difference.

:confused:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I though Pit Bull had a European distributor now? I could have swore I saw something in British MCN about it... If they do that should save you some dosh in shipping.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got a quote from http://www.pit-bull.com

I asked them if they knew a dealer in Europe or if not A quote for the product incl. shipping to my door.

thanks for the tip, how long ago did you saw this?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
puggy said:
I got a quote from http://www.pit-bull.com

I asked them if they knew a dealer in Europe or if not A quote for the product incl. shipping to my door.

thanks for the tip, how long ago did you saw this?

PS wich part of Germany youre from?

·
Registered
374 Posts
The MCN I saw it in was probably a year ago. I can't remember, but the dealer prolly would have been in the UK.

I'm in Rheinland Pfalz ... about 1 hour from the Nurburgring Nordschleife :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts