Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently shipping my cbr and when they strapped down the front forks they compressed the suspension quite a bit. i wasnt too worried but when i had the bike uncrated i charged the battery and took the bike for a spin around the lock and to my surprise the bike was very stiff. it ceased to feel like a honda, the turns were very very rough and i almost felt like i was being sucked down. at first i assumed it was just me not riding for 45 days but a friend of mine who also rides a cbr 1000 of the same year took it for a spin and said it did feel very stiff.

what is wrong with my suspension? do i need new fork seals and fluid? does the bike just need time or need to be ridden?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
i recently shipping my cbr and when they strapped down the front forks they compressed the suspension quite a bit. i wasnt too worried but when i had the bike uncrated i charged the battery and took the bike for a spin around the lock and to my surprise the bike was very stiff. it ceased to feel like a honda, the turns were very very rough and i almost felt like i was being sucked down. at first i assumed it was just me not riding for 45 days but a friend of mine who also rides a cbr 1000 of the same year took it for a spin and said it did feel very stiff.

what is wrong with my suspension? do i need new fork seals and fluid? does the bike just need time or need to be ridden?

Have you checked the tyre pressures?
Put a cable tie on a fork leg and see how much suspension travel you have.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
i will check the tire pressure, how would the travel have changed?

No idea, but if you don't have full travel the suspension would be very stiff.
Have the forks ever been opened up, different springs, forks seals or oil ever been replaced?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts