Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size is best for the front tire on my 929? The manual says 120/70 ZR17, but I was wondering if I could run a 120/60? :huh:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CBRBob said:
Why would you want to do that? It will slow the steering and you might end up dragging parts :(
Just wanted to know, since I could get a new tire that size for half price. Thanks for the info! :thumb:

·
Registered
469 Posts
CBRBob said:
Why would you want to do that? It will slow the steering and you might end up dragging parts :(
I thought 120/60 increased the steering pace, but offered less stability as there is less side wall contact area. Isn't that why they use the 120/60 on some of the 600s. I know kwaka uses a 120/65 on it's 636, or did for quite a while.

Still, 120/70 is much better for it's stability and in corner grip, so stick with it!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bacchus said:
JBird, where the hell you been?! Still loving the helmet you sold me! :thumb:
Bacc,

I've been around, but the wife and I just moved to TN recently, so we have been busy trying to get situated. Glad the lid is working out! :thumb:

·
Registered
78 Posts
A 120/60 will drop the front end about 7-10 mm depending on the tire. That is a good thing for the slow steering Honda CBR1000RR but probably not for your bike. The bad thing is that the tire is stiffer and more likely to push/skip. This is not something I would recommend. But hey, it might be a good idea. Let us know.

Ernie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts