Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have an '03 CBR954RR that I am going to use as a track bike. I'm wanting a second set of wheels, for track tires. I have a second rear wheel that I'm ready to have powder coated, but am looking for a front wheel. Are there other bikes that I can also look for front wheels from? Like, newer 1000RR's?

Thanks much,
Nik

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
as far as i know the rc51 wheels can fit. dont quote me, but im pretty sure the rear rc wheel is a direct swap, while the front requires some custom spacers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like the front mostly just requires cutting down a spacer. I'll go through and re-read the entire article.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hopeful that there would be a similar adaptation for wheels off of a newer, more common bike (or perhaps a longer production period), that has more aftermarket wheels available.

I really like the Enkie RC51 wheels!! There definitely seems to be two levels of wheels that were available for those bikes!

I need to stop reading about the RC51's, or I'll end up owning one! I love Honda's, but also a big fan of the KTM Superduke 990! Would be fun to compare the bike that Honda built, to answer to KTM's v-twin liter bikes!!

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,862 Posts
I was hopeful that there would be a similar adaptation for wheels off of a newer, more common bike (or perhaps a longer production period), that has more aftermarket wheels available.

I really like the Enkie RC51 wheels!! There definitely seems to be two levels of wheels that were available for those bikes!

I need to stop reading about the RC51's, or I'll end up owning one! I love Honda's, but also a big fan of the KTM Superduke 990! Would be fun to compare the bike that Honda built, to answer to KTM's v-twin liter bikes!!
I have an SP1 RC51 rear wheel on my 2 900RR’s. My swap won’t help you though, totally different. But, the SP1 are identical to the older 900’s spoke pattern. The SP2 spokes look more square and cooler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts