Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple days ago after getting my bike out of the shop for having the head rebuilt it stopped working. The bike had been running great and I stopped to fill the tank, when I went to turn it back on the fuel pump would not prime.

Today we spent a few hours troubleshooting it with no results.

I have 10.5~11.5 volts when cranking the motor.
The engine shut off switch is working correctly.
The bank angle sensor has been bypassed and is still in working order.
The fuel pump relay is working properly.
All fuses and blocks are good.
Nothing that I've seen is disconnected. (have yet to check under the airbox)
The neutral switch is working properly.
The kickstand switch is working properly.

The fuel pump still works, we jumped power to it directly from the battery and it primed. The bike still would not fire. There is no voltage going to the pump wires when the ignition is turned on.

After reading through a few post I've seen that if the FI light is on and there is a solid red light in the display there is a trouble code. I might be wrong but my friend is sure that means there are no codes.

I'm about to reach the end of my rope with this bike and I really hope that someone out there has had this problem and has some insight on how to fix it. The only thing we have yet to do with the bike is replace the ECM per direction from the repair manual.

Thanks for any help in advance!

·
Registered
559 Posts
If the bike has any codes to throw at you it would do it when the key is in the "on" position and the stop switch is clicked to the start position. The FI light should be on and it would flash a combination of times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks. With the key on and kill switch in the run posistion the FI light is on with a solid red light.

·
Registered
559 Posts
when you start the bike the red and FI lights go away?
Edit:
Dee dee dee... it wont start, sorry its kinda late here,
Only thing i can think of is busted ECU or a loose wire, im sure other people on here can think of other possibilities, they always do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I think the bike had one with a previous owner, not really sure about that though. What does the PC plug look like?

Did your bike just stop working out of the blue for no apparent reason?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts