Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H.E.L.P M.E P.L.E.A S E

my Cbr929rr 1998 project is so close to being completed.. I till this snag had set me back 3 week !!

I have removed a clutch cover from a doner engine as mine was scuffed, so I have drained the engine oil and removed the clutch cable..unscrewed the bolts replaced the cover but it wont go back on.. it's exactly the same year but I cant seem to get the pin inside the rod and when I do it doesn't move it just sits there solid with no spring back for the lever.

I have looked everywhere of answers it just isn't working..

I haven't replaced any of the plates or the adjusted the cable tension.

IMG-20201112-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20201112-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20201112-WA0009.jpg

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi.

When i changed clutch plates on my 954 and disassemble cover and you pull that spring back to get it off i taped that spring in position when i took it off.
Then when i mount it back i did not took away tape until cover was back on.
Did you pull it back when you mount it back?

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,146 Posts
A 1998 CBR929RR does not exist. The 929 started in 2000. By the look of your pictures you have an SC33 900RR, which would be correct for 1998.

Have you ever had a clutch cover off before? You have to move that rod back and forth to get it to engage the lifter pin, it’s a pain sometimes.

Also, a common mistake is to put the lifter pin AFTER putting the pressure plate on, thus rendering it useless. If you took the pressure plate off as well, the lifter pin may be in wrong.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I took the clutch cover of my 1998 and did nothing else other than paint it and put it back together. It was a pain in the a**e to relocate that part but it went eventually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts