Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to a strange turn of events, I now have an extra Power Commander 3r for the cbr 954.

There is some cosmetic damage to the unit (the mounting tabs on the sides are broken) but it is functionally sound.

Selling it for $230 shipped

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea just an FYI, most guys on wrist twisters sell the used ones for about $175. but a question, PCIII works on any street bike right? or does it need to be for a CBR?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Yea just an FYI, most guys on wrist twisters sell the used ones for about $175. but a question, PCIII works on any street bike right? or does it need to be for a CBR?

More specific than that, it needs to be for a specific model of CBR.
929 and 954 are different but can be made to work on both bikes with some fiddling.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
$175 would be for a used USB model though surely?

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I'm telling you, people in San Fran think everything motorcycle is worth twice as much as the rest of the world. One of my pet peeves. Living up the hwy only about 80 miles away in Sacramento, I see this ALL the time.
I could buy a brand new one with a few calls, for less than he want's for one that's been out of production for years now.
And you have to buy a USB to Serial adapter to make the PCIIIr work. They're a pain in the ass. I have one, that's how I know.
A reasonable price would be about $150.

You got pictures?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I'm telling you, people in San Fran think everything motorcycle is worth twice as much as the rest of the world. One of my pet peeves. Living up the hwy only about 80 miles away in Sacramento, I see this ALL the time.
I could buy a brand new one with a few calls, for less than he want's for one that's been out of production for years now.
And you have to buy a USB to Serial adapter to make the PCIIIr work. They're a pain in the ass. I have one, that's how I know.
A reasonable price would be about $150.

You got pictures?

I have the old serial PC2 on my 929 :)
It's only annoying if you are often messing with the mapping, otherwise you map it and forget about it entirely.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I have the old serial PC2 on my 929 :)
It's only annoying if you are often messing with the mapping, otherwise you map it and forget about it entirely.
There are other problems. If you're running Windows Vista on your laptop, the downloads are tricky to get installed. DynoJet hasn't updated the drivers for the software needed for their older products to work right on the laptop. It's a real challenge to get a different map on the PC unit itself. :thumbd:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
There are other problems. If you're running Windows Vista on your laptop, the downloads are tricky to get installed. DynoJet hasn't updated the drivers for the software needed for their older products to work right on the laptop. It's a real challenge to get a different map on the PC unit itself. :thumbd:

I use my desktop generally for mapping, just use a 5 meter cable out the window.
All my desktops and laptops are XP, my daughter has a Vista laptop and I hate trying to do anything on it. Rose's laptop came with Vista but I cleaned it and installed XP instead.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Admittedly, I haven't tried changing maps since I've upgraded my operating platform to Windows 7.
When in XP, do you have to define a port for a map to go from Computer to the PowerCommander? That was the biggest nightmare for me in Vista.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Admittedly, I haven't tried changing maps since I've upgraded my operating platform to Windows 7.
When in XP, do you have to define a port for a map to go from Computer to the PowerCommander? That was the biggest nightmare for me in Vista.

Not in the past nine years, but I may have had to when I originally set it up - I really can't recall :)
But it works on my desktop and two laptops without any problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.