Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now im really getting pissed off!!
Ive had my silver 06 CBR1000 right side fairing replaced due to the sticker on the curved part near raidiator/thermo fan, coming up.
Well all good for couple of weeks ridden the thing about 6 times and its coming up again!! I know a few other people have experienced this with their silver blade,is there any more people around who have had this drama,especially bikes in OZ, as im told this is very unusual and its the first time they have heard of it.
Fuck that!!:rant: its happened twice now.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Good news is since they replaced it once, they'll have a hard time telling you that they aren't going to replace it again

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
wow. that is odd for the factory decals to peel like that.

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
what the problem is, is that its so fast that the decals are just peeling off

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what the problem is, is that its so fast that the decals are just peeling off
Im going with this theory,just so fast!!
I only clean it with mild soap,chamois,then polish it with meguires about once a month,the other sides had no probs,if they piss fart me around im gonna flip.Then i might just strip all fairings,tank etc and get a custom gun metal/silver paint job.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just had my side panel replaced on the right side because of this. Honda covered it under warranty no questions asked. So it's happening again huh? Now i'm getting worried! If it happens again I will probably just trim it with an Xacto knife and run it...

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
mine was coming off bwfore I had a chance to clean the bike so not that - think its just that some are not put on properly, but as I said before its a rarity imo.

200mph duct-tape!! :rotfl:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been so busy lately havent even been for a ride,called the bike dealer again about the sticker and they are piss farting around telling me know that they may not replace it!!!
they said it may be my idle speed is to high and it would be causing alot of heat around the sticker making it lift!?
[email protected]!% me swinging!! told em you replaced last time ok,serviced the bike(which you would check idle speed)and all good,now this is the service i get.Bike idles just above 1000rpm. The bikes 3800km old and has been to the shop for all servicing,even a extra 3000km oil change.Oh well,anyone want a CBR1000 06 for $15500 AUS,has a REMUS pipe and has never been dropped.
Think ill go back to dirt,KTM450 or a KTM300 2 banger electric start.
Disapointed with the honda dealer service.:(

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Gee is it really that big of a deal? Hopefully you take this the RIGHT way, peel the sticker completely off and leave it off. Clean up any sticker glue residue with wd-40 then wash the bike. Who cares..it's just a dumb sticker.

If it is a big deal, when you get your next new panel/sticker go to HomeDepot, buy the aluminum foil tape that is 2 inch wide. Put some of that on the backside of the panel where the sticker is peeling up. That will reflect the heat back away from the body panel. You may need to apply some high temp silicone around the edge of the aluminum foil tape to make it stay on there for good.

you do know you CAN buy just that sticker from Honda right? I wouldn't bother though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gee is it really that big of a deal? Hopefully you take this the RIGHT way, peel the sticker completely off and leave it off. Clean up any sticker glue residue with wd-40 then wash the bike. Who cares..it's just a dumb sticker.

If it is a big deal, when you get your next new panel/sticker go to HomeDepot, buy the aluminum foil tape that is 2 inch wide. Put some of that on the backside of the panel where the sticker is peeling up. That will reflect the heat back away from the body panel. You may need to apply some high temp silicone around the edge of the aluminum foil tape to make it stay on there for good.

you do know you CAN buy just that sticker from Honda right? I wouldn't bother though.
Yep,it sure is a big deal,(i respect your thoughts)i payed good money for this bike and the sticker is [email protected]$%?d,and NO you cant buy this "dumb" sticker from Honda(Aluminium tape wouldnt help it because of the position its in),you have to get a whole new side fairing!!!,thats why im pissed,and to take it of means i have to do both sides!!! And i shouldnt have to [email protected]#$ around with it as the bikes new,BUT, im very tempted to do this though,but it would leave the bike very bare looking,might go the R1 though,havent heard any dramas, YET:idunno: .Back to dirtbikes sounds good still

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Send your side fairings off to EmpireGP.com - Motorcycle Plastic Welding, Gas Tank Repair, Custom Painting, Race Replicas Bob is a nice guy, he can remove the decal, paint the logo ( instead of a sticker ) and re-clearcoat the entire fairing... cost about half of a new one. Yes he's very good.

You don't want an 07 R1 ... they have a couple issues and the issues are much bigger than just a decal.

The rearsets like to snap off at the mounting bolts. AKA your foot hits the ground and gets dragged around on the pavement. At 5,000 rpm there is a dead spot in the ECU programing , i believe in 2nd gear it is most prevalent. Really, honestly, truthfully, the 1000RR is a much better bike than the R1. The only other japanese liter bike I would consider buying is a ZX-10R, 2006 or 2007.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Send your side fairings off to EmpireGP.com - Motorcycle Plastic Welding, Gas Tank Repair, Custom Painting, Race Replicas Bob is a nice guy, he can remove the decal, paint the logo ( instead of a sticker ) and re-clearcoat the entire fairing... cost about half of a new one. Yes he's very good.

You don't want an 07 R1 ... they have a couple issues and the issues are much bigger than just a decal.

The rearsets like to snap off at the mounting bolts. AKA your foot hits the ground and gets dragged around on the pavement. At 5,000 rpm there is a dead spot in the ECU programing , i believe in 2nd gear it is most prevalent. Really, honestly, truthfully, the 1000RR is a much better bike than the R1. The only other japanese liter bike I would consider buying is a ZX-10R, 2006 or 2007.
Im gonna call them again tomorrow and see what crap their gonna spin me this time,maybe i got the friday nearly knock off time built fairing,who knows,but i know who dosent care.The CBR1000 is a very nice machine and easy to ride,the R1 is too small anyway,and everytime i look at one that arse end puts me off,bit like the new stock GSXR1000s pipes,they make the bike look old and dated IMO.(dont think i can part with the CBR ,YET!)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts