Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm having some trouble locating replacement fuel cap bolts for my 2001 929 RR blade. I bought some Pro Bolt gold ones off eBay but when they turned up they didn't fit - the diameter seems too small, they just drop into the thread. I'm in conversation with the seller now who after speaking to Honda seems to think there's nothing wrong with the bolts and that they should be the correct size - 4mm diameter (same as stock - 90074-MT4-000 BOLT, SOCKET (4X21).

I've tried measuring mine but he said the measurements sounded wrong.

Any ideas why the Pro Bolt ones don't fit? It seems odd to me as I've never had a problem with Pro Bolt stuff before.

Also I don't believe my fuel cap has been modified in any way - it all looks stock to me :crying:

Any ideas??

Cheers

Alex

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm having some trouble locating replacement fuel cap bolts for my 2001 929 RR blade. I bought some Pro Bolt gold ones off eBay but when they turned up they didn't fit - the diameter seems too small, they just drop into the thread. I'm in conversation with the seller now who after speaking to Honda seems to think there's nothing wrong with the bolts and that they should be the correct size - 4mm diameter (same as stock - 90074-MT4-000 BOLT, SOCKET (4X21).

I've tried measuring mine but he said the measurements sounded wrong.

Any ideas why the Pro Bolt ones don't fit? It seems odd to me as I've never had a problem with Pro Bolt stuff before.

Also I don't believe my fuel cap has been modified in any way - it all looks stock to me :crying:

Any ideas??

Cheers

Alex

Do your original bolts measure the same as the new ones?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts