Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the mix of repainting my tank I lost the screws that hold down the gas cap. Anyone know the size? I'm stopping by hardware store today they tend to have agood selection of metric hex head screws figured someone may know the size iI need can't find an answer anywhere. Found set for sale on eBay from HK but they don't specify the size. Anyone? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
According to the fiche at ronayers.com, and assuming your is the same as a 1998 900RR, you need part number 90074-MT4-000, which are "BOLT, SOCKET (4X21) and they cost $1.89 each

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I actually just bought some stainless ones for about .40 cent a piece at he depot. I believe the OEM have oversized heads but I can live without that. Thanks for the input guys I ended up just riding the bike up to home depot and guessed right the first time lol

·
Registered
791 Posts
Well I actually just bought some stainless ones for about .40 cent a piece at he depot. I believe the OEM have oversized heads but I can live without that. Thanks for the input guys I ended up just riding the bike up to home depot and guessed right the first time lol
You'll end up with polish collecting in the gap, it'll bother you in the end ;)

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Does nobody actually use any of the fiches available online when looking for this stuff? :idunno:

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Does nobody actually use any of the fiches available online when looking for this stuff? :idunno:
All the time.
BikeBandit is good for that cause you can enter your bike model/s and just click on that whenever you're looking for parts. They have great diagrams too.
But HondaEastToledo is usually who get my business. Best prices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts