Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Thanks for the help in advance. So I took the tank off my 01 CBR 929 to replace the fuel lines. I've lifted it up before to clean the air filter and no issues but this time I've been having fuel come out of a little tube, maybe it's a vent or something that actually connected to the tank/ part of the tank. Does anyone know what this is and why fuel is coming out of it? I've looked for something that might of been connected to it prior to me moving the tank but no dice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is it an overflow deal? So since I put the tank on its side there's gas in a certain compartment and I just need to bite the bullet and put it right side up and let the excess drain out? Plz help

·
Registered
242 Posts
^ This.

There's probably some residual fuel left in it that's draining out of the fuel overflow line/tube (one of the black rubber hoses).

Once you're finished with your project and lower the tank back down to its original position with your new fuel lines and vacuum/drain hoses re-connected, be careful not to kink any of those hoses/lines, as mentioned... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts