Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, so I did my valve adjust yesterday. All my exhaust valves were a little tight, so I got them all fixed up.

Any way, heres the question. I put everything back together, now my FI light is on, and the red malfunction light stays on.

I had the tank upside down while I was doing the valves and I think maybe I just got a bunch of crap that got into the filter.

The reason I say this is the bike runs fine on the throttle, but kinda starves for fuel at idle.

While I was under there I didnt recognize anything that looked like a filter.
I called for the part and its 75 bucks!
Can somebody tell me what it looks like, and where it is?

There's some vaccum thing on the end of the fuel rail, but Im not sure if thats it.

Any input is much appreciated guys.

Oh yah, Bike is a 00 929.

Thanks guys.

-Johnny

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
That doesn't really sound like a fuel filter problem. It wouldn't clear up at high rpm, in fact it would probably get worse.

You sure there isn't a vacuum hose or an electrical connection that you missed while putting it back together?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, Ive changed the fuel filter and plugs. The bike now runs like a dream, better than it has since I got it last season.

When I start it, it wont start without a blip of throttle, but once its running, its fine. Idles perfectly. Then the FI light comes on, and the malfunction light.

I just took it out for a ride. I forgot to count how many times it flashed. So Ive got to go back and look at that.

However the bike, once running, is running perfectly.

I'll check the vacum lines again. Im sure I got everything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the bike is giving 2 flashes which indicates a map sensor problem.
Vac. line musta come off when I was hooking everything back up.

I havent had time it take the tank off due to being at services all weekend for my riding friend who was killed in a crash last week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts