Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran outta gas last night with 2 bars still indicated on the gauge of my '05 600RR. Anyone know what gives!? :idunno:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. Yeah, my buddy has always been bitter bout that. But it was at his place I ran outta gas, so he figures he doesn't have to feel so bad if it doesn't actually work. And apparently Honda is rounding the amount of gas in the tank. It's not a true figure.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
i don't know how it works on the rr but I'm guessing its pretty much the same as my F4i. the gauge tries to calculate how much fuel is left from the time that it dropped below the initial line then it takes your speed into account. in short its never accurate. Wind, hammer fist, going up hill many things will make it inaccurate, just a guide to say hey your getting low get your ass to the station. It did its part, you just didn't listen

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don't know how it works on the rr but I'm guessing its pretty much the same as my F4i. the gauge tries to calculate how much fuel is left from the time that it dropped below the initial line then it takes your speed into account. in short its never accurate. Wind, hammer fist, going up hill many things will make it inaccurate, just a guide to say hey your getting low get your ass to the station. It did its part, you just didn't listen
Not sure that's how it works on mine though. It's always been accurate. Just didn't know if anyone knew of anything I could do on my own. Looks like I'm taking it in though. Sucks!

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Ah you have a full fuel gauge don't you. I just have the little 5 bars start flashing at the end kind of thing... sorry bout your luck bud

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah. Sucks. That used to work for me. Red light flashed; I got gas. But electronic crap always goes out. If it were a good ole float gauge it'd probably be fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i wish i had a fuel gauge or a light think i know im running low when the engine starts stalling on the freeway and i have to click the reserve going 60mph

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah. I'm starting to do that now. And when I was on my way back from Laguna, it said I had over half a tank, but it took just over 3 gallons in the tank.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts