Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
A shop manual is best as MSGT says especially messing with the fuel system but if it's any help the 1000RR is 50psi at idle. The 600 is likely similar. Somebody else should come up with something for you.

Just passing through the forum for info or plan on hanging around a bit? Welcome if you plan the latter.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Because if you need to know the pressure, you need to know the testing procedure and system set up. I've had to spoon feed too many people on other forums with far simpler motorcycles that get in over their heads, then beg the population to get them out of their trouble. This is a techno-beast, not a KLR; you should absolutely have a book!

·
Registered
253 Posts
you're assuming he doesn't know the test procedure, and have all the relevant tools...
maybe he just needs to know what the pressure should be, as his post suggests.

look you're probably right, I'm just saying, it seems to be a very common answer to everything lately:idunno:

·
Registered
375 Posts
He has one post, this one on 12/19. Nothing after that. Zip.

If it was a single cylinder KLR with a carb, I don't have problems with help. When it comes to a Fireblade with an intricate EFI sytem that can be screwed up in a dozen different places, I draw a personal line; a little knowledge can be dangerous. The book will tell all, show the tools and specs, and have illustrations to help while you work on it. If someone spends $10,000+ on a bike, you would think they would also buy the manual to go with it..

I'm not trying to be abrasive, just realistic. Now if it was a tire or putting on sliders, that's a different thing altogether.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
"A Man's Gotta Know His Limits!" Hey he's got a pressure gauge so either he has connections (no pun) or he's got someone helping that knows. By his question alone, I guess I would assume, not always good, he knows something. We can't control everything on the forum.

If he burns his house down fiddling with the high pressure fuel system, he's learned his Limits. :crap:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I agree,
I consider myself a pretty competent mechanic, and if i bought the manual to every bike and car i have worked on, i would need a extra room to keep them!

sometimes you just need specific info and "go buy a manual" is not much help..

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have every manual for every bike and car I own. Then again, I used to teach that stuff. Maybe that's why I say "read the book, then come back and ask me questions".

You don't think it odd that his very first post isn't Hi, I'm Anthony and I'm new to this forum - I have a problem I'm dealing with.. Just "What should the fuel injection system pressure be on a 2003 CBR 600 Honda?" and nothing further has been posted in a month?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I have every manual for every bike and car I own. Then again, I used to teach that stuff. Maybe that's why I say "read the book, then come back and ask me questions".

You don't think it odd that his very first post isn't Hi, I'm Anthony and I'm new to this forum - I have a problem I'm dealing with.. Just "What should the fuel injection system pressure be on a 2003 CBR 600 Honda?" and nothing further has been posted in a month?
Yes I thought it odd especially for a first time poster. Maybe he'll explain when and if he shows again. As my first post said, Welcome if you're not just after some info. Gee I hate being so used. :eyebrows:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts