Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now I remember my other question. Is it safe to use fuel injector cleaner on my CBR 929? and if so, what kind? I have heard rumors about people having problems with the fuel injector cleaner mixing with the ethanol in the gas in the US and causing the injector heads to melt. Sounded kinda fishy to me but I really don't want that to happen to me. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
go buy it from the dealer, that way if it screws up your ride, you can sue them.....

i use gum-out injector cleaner, but only half the the bottle to a full tank.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sorry - I don't know, but I'm sure interested in some good answers..

I've always wondered if, "add this to your fuel to clean your injectors" really works or not. I mean, how is something that's supposed to dissolve fuel and fuel additive build-up from injectors going to target just the injectors?

On the other hand, removing the injectors and cleaning them off-motor gives you a bit more control..

Hoping a poster has some good facts to share..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We used to use this junk at a shop I worked at on cars, it took three different cans that cost about $40 and required you to pour it in the throttle body at different stages and all sorts of complicated equipment and procedures. I never really got if that stuff worked or not. I would love for mythbusters to do a show on that to see if it actually improves fuel flow or not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have used fuel injector cleaner before as well. I only put about a 1/8 of a bottle in at a time......since our tanks only hold about 4-5 gallons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts