Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 929 and it's dumping a lot of fuel out of the exhaust. I have a PC and have put it on the zero setting but still dumps fuel. Also, it blows white smoke until it is all the way warmed up. The bike is fairly new so don't know what's been done but any suggestions? ? Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where the exhaust connects to the engine and where the can connects it has little leaks of oil. I also wiped my finger inside the can and it was very oily.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Where the exhaust connects to the engine and where the can connects it has little leaks of oil. I also wiped my finger inside the can and it was very oily.
Fuel pressure regulator has failed.
That's probably not oil, it's fuel mixed with carbon residue inside the exhaust system.
If it is oil then I'd guess the FPR has been bad for a while and your crankcase is full of fuel which has diluted the oil and allowing it to pass the rings.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I have a 2000 929 and it's dumping a lot of fuel out of the exhaust. I have a PC and have put it on the zero setting but still dumps fuel. Also, it blows white smoke until it is all the way warmed up. The bike is fairly new so don't know what's been done but any suggestions? ? Thanks!

The white smoke is fuel steaming out of the exhaust system.
No 14-year-old bike is "fairly new", it's either been ridden all those years, which is good, or it's been sitting neglected, which is bad. Low mileage on older bikes is usually expensive due to the neglect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your help. I was hoping it wasn't something worse so I will try and let you know the outcome. I meant it is fairly new to me personally and don't know the whole history, sorry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts