Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help a woman out please ?
When i have driven my bike switch off and then try start it again in about 15 minutes the fuel pump doesnt come on so bike wont start. If i put the ignition off and on again then it comes on and starts, what could cause this?

Taking bike to tuner on Tuesday but would like to sort out minor issues first

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Hi when you stop the bike do you turn off with the key or use the Kill Switch to shut the engine off, and does the bike turn over at all during the re-start

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use kill switch and key, when i put both back on and pump doesnt run motor turns but obviously doesnt start, then i just turn key off and on again then it works

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
I use kill switch and key, when i put both back on and pump doesnt run motor turns but obviously doesnt start, then i just turn key off and on again then it works
maybe worth having a look at the inside of the Kill Switch to see if it's gummed up, easy enough to clean it out with this , but make sure you get the contact cleaner one
How is the battery ,does it hold a good charge, must admit I never use the Kill Switch (y)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This only happens when its warm though. Cold startup is perfect without issues? thats why it puzzles me

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gaha
Hmm. Next forum I join, I am going to use a woman's name. I guess it just guarantees responses!! :ROFLMAO:

[Sorry I can't help with this one, Eileen. I'm no good with electrics. :(]
hahaha hey i am a woman Nigel, not undercover, promise! My last post of the rattle got bo response, but found the problem today. The tank was loose?

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
This only happens when its warm though. Cold startup is perfect without issues? thats why it puzzles me
Have you tried measuring the battery voltage when you try to start the bike when its warm, does the bike "bump" start when its warm

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Gaha
hahaha hey i am a woman Nigel, not undercover, promise! My last post of the rattle got bo response, but found the problem today. The tank was loose?
Righty Ho, did you look under the tank at the wiring before you tightened the tank down, was anything chaffing the wires

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Yes this warm start thing could be a myriad of things , I suppose you've searched the problem on here , If only there was one answer to it, just a matter of searching through the usual suspects (y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts