Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently started up my 00 RC, it ran for a few minutes and stopped. Tried again and fuel pump is not priming, had a another pump, put it in, no change.
1- Can anyone tell me where to locate fuel pump cut off and lean angle relay??
2- I assume brown lead from Fuel cut off should be energized, is this correct?? ( mine is not )

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just swap the headlight relay up front for the relay in the back cowling. It sounds like the relay or possibly the angle sensor but I doubt it's that. On the earlier SP1's I can't remember what side the relay is on in the back but nonetheless you can swap the headlight relay from the front cowling on the left side at least to test it. I always carry a spare relay in the storage area.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The fuel cutoff relay is at the right rear corner of the subframe.
The bank angle sensor relay is at the opposite corner.
The bank angle sensor is attached to the front of the rear fender near the shock.

The brown wire from the fuel cutoff relay should have power. It goes to the fuel pump.
The brown/black wire (from the ECU) energizes the relay windings.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The fuel cutoff relay is at the right rear corner of the subframe.
The bank angle sensor relay is at the opposite corner.
The bank angle sensor is attached to the front of the rear fender near the shock.

The brown wire from the fuel cutoff relay should have power. It goes to the fuel pump.
The brown/black wire (from the ECU) energizes the relay windings.
Spot on mate.
I just had to replace my relay as it was playing up. spoke to another rc owner and had the same prob.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I heartily recommend dielectric grease on electrical connections.
It helps to eliminate electrical contact corrosion from moisture.
I slathered the the stuff on every connector I could get my hands on, including the battery posts.
It also makes those connectors easier to remove.
Really cheap insurance for those who live in coastal salt air locales.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is the headlight relay the same as the fuel pump relay? I am missing my headlight relay completly and need to replace it. but the Honda house in st.cloud are just a bunch of idiots and cant even look the part up with out having the old one in hand. And anyone know a good place to get one?

·
Registered
656 Posts
You guys forgot the SP2 fan relay, which I think is the same with the other few! The SP1 has one fan and no relay just thermostat switch.

The lean over sensor is on the forward side of the rear fender unit, way down where it can't be reached or seen. It is a black thingy clipped on the fender with a wire attached to it, no connection there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.