Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fuel pump ?'s.....
Okay I bought 96 900rr and it has NO fuel pump...I've looked at some microfiche's and they list it as there..

What's the deal here.....one thing doesn't make since..all kinds of parts on Ebay and such but you don't see any fuel pumps for 900rr's......also why would a electric fuel pump be used with a vacuum activated tank and petcock assembly.

Am I missing something here?........I always thought the 900rr's had fuel pumps....

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Its carburtated, it should be gravity fed since the tank is above the carbs. It should have an on/off/rexerve petcock right? You wouldnt have that without a gravity fed tank and no fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Many bikes have the bottom of the tank slightly lower than the carbs so there is a light pressure pump in there (4-6 psi).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Modles upto and including the rrs had electric fuel pumps(early893 engine) but the 96 rrt 918/9 engine bikes upto the new model in 2000 had a gravity feed system.

Sean

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
Its carburtated, it should be gravity fed since the tank is above the carbs. It should have an on/off/rexerve petcock right? You wouldnt have that without a gravity fed tank and no fuel pump.
The F3 has both a petcock and a fuel pump. It is also carbureted.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i know for a fact the 93-95 900RR's have fuel pumps, not sure about 96-99's
i also had a 98 F3, it had a fuel pump

a vacuum operated petcock wouldn't have anything to do with a fuel pump.... the vacuum operated petcock keeps fuel from flowing when there is no vacuum being applied, ie, if the engine is shut off, or if the engine dies, it stops the fuel supply.

i just looked on powersportspro.com, they have an online microfiche for honda/kaw/yamaha, it shows no fuel pump but a vacuum petcock on 900RR's for 98-99, 93-97's have a fuel pump..... you might have just bought yourself a parts bike, or one that has been crashed and rebuilt. congrats :clap:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Right to put things straight , I have just checked the microfiche.
Bikes upto and includind 95(rrs) have fuel pumps. Bikes 96 on (rrt-rrx) do not.

If you frame and engine number start with sc28 you should have a fuel pump, if you engine and frame number start with sc33 you shouldn't.

Hope this helps

Sean

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx guys...the engine numbers start with sc33.........one problem down!
I was looking at a 95 and it had a fuel pump...made me wonder.I've been told both ways and I have had 5 other 900rr's.But all 93-95.They had fuel pumps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts