Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I Got a spark to my spark plugs and everything wants to run fine except for the fuel pump. I took the rear cap off of the pump and it sparks fine for a little while but after about 15-20 secs you can see that it seems to break connection and after another 10 seconds the pump seems to just stop as if it has lost a connection somewhere. I don't know if they are suppose to run constantly or if they are suppose to stop after a while. In the picture it seems to be broken or worn down cause it seems to be slanted at an angle that allows it to shift to the right a little and parted into two. I don't know if it is suppose to do it or not. Is the pump suppose to cut off after a few seconds? I have a feeling what the answer is but just asking anyways.

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Use a multimeter and check for volt drop between the two, ie dont turn ignition on, send a reading from one contact and check the volt drop between the two. And yes the pump will stop when its fully primed. Recon the pump is ok, you might need to look elsewere for the fault

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could it possibly be that it is getting fuel just not enough fuel? Would it possibly be because it is clogged up as well? Another thing, I took the tank off so it would be easier access to the spark plugs and other engine components and have extended the pump down into a regualar gas jug filled with premeium. would that effect it by not being able to receive a gravity feed?

·
Registered
900 Posts
could be, make sure all you vacume pipes are connected as well, with out them it wont work.

·
Registered
900 Posts
pipes will come from the carbs or injectors whichever you have up to tank, its the vacume from them that allows the fuel to flow, its the same as putting one hole in the top of a can of fluid, it drips, put a second and it will pour free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts