Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 01' 929 thats got all things working properly but the fuel pump priming. will a new ignition correct this problem or will it have to be rigged up and wires spliced? there is no error code but the light does stay on. (both fi and the red) No flashing atleast.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
direct power to the pump it works fine the solder is fine the volts to the fuel pump is 11v consistently no change from 1st turning key to setting so there seems to be not priming. all the fuses are good. ive got a new ignition on the way so maybe thatll fix it.... Any other thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just think I fixed my issue with the fuel pump not priming... I changed out all of the relays and checked all wiring around the fuel pump, battery etc... Last thing I tried was the pink wire from the switch with a battery as I saw posted on another thread. With the 9 volt battery attached the pump would periodically start to prime. I pulled the connector from the ignition and it was full of crud, corrosion, etc... I also noticed the blades would push out of the connector giving a loose connection. Cleaned everything out and pushed the blades in after I put the connector back together and the pump is priming every time so far... Might be worth a try. The connector is under the fairing on the right side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.